Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 June 2015

Review of POE Nevermore by Rachel M. Martens



I was given a copy of this by Story Cartel  in return for an honest review

The story is dark, dangerous, exciting, it is really bordering on horror told by the first person, Elenora Allison Poe, known in the story as Poe.

The story started off fairly straightforward, so I curled myself up on the sofa looking forward to a basic suspense thriller.  Well things soon started heating up, chilling me to the bones in places, and having me biting my nails in other parts.

Poe has suffered some mental health issues, depression being the main problem, stemming from an incident in the past.  Her life has been far from simple or normal, she has survived more than most people would go through in a lifetime, and here she is at the age of 24 having coped with so much.  There are enough twists and turns in this story to keep any reader gripped to the end of the seat, with some amazing shocks thrown in to the mix.

I am really reluctant to give any more away because this is such an exciting book, that I would hate to spoil anyone's enjoyment.  This is one of the best stories of this type I have read in a long long time.

Amazon Uk purchase link

No comments:

Post a Comment