Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 September 2015

Review: The Author

The Author The Author by Facundo Raganato
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Six characters in this story, stuck in a house they cannot escape from, is someone trying to kill them? Why can they not remember their past?

This story is unlike anything I have ever read before. It is very clever, it is about a story already written, about the characters in the story, but it is taking us the reader on the journey as the story unfolds.

The author describes in detail what is happening, the characters question the things happening to them. It gives you a look at what an author goes through in creating their characters, how the characters develop, how they think, how they can be manipulated into thinking. The Author is stirring up emotions and bringing creativity to the story.

The characters question the Author and his motives, why he puts dangerous obstacles in their way. The Author of course. gives very little information away to them, but he analysis their conversations and the choices they make.

I was intrigued by the story but to be totally honest it is not the kind of book I like to read, but I did enjoy it because it gave me an insight into how an Author starts, progresses, and ends his story, and how much thought they put into them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment