Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 July 2015

REVIEW of THE DOMINO KILLER by NEIL WHITE



Author's Blurb:

When a man is found beaten to death in a local Manchester park, Detective Constable Sam Parker is one of the investigating officers. Sam swiftly identifies the victim, but what at first looks like an open and shut case quickly starts to unravel when he realises that the victim's fingerprints were found on a knife at another crime scene, a month earlier.

Meanwhile, Sam's brother, Joe - a criminal defence lawyer in the city - comes face to face with a man whose very presence sends shockwaves through his life. Joe must confront the demons of his past as he struggles to come to terms with the darkness that this man represents.

Before long, Joe and Sam are in way over their heads, both sucked into a terrifying game of cat-and-mouse that threatens to change their lives forever...

'Authenticity reeks from every page...hypnotic, troubling crime writing with a superb villain and a distinctive atmosphere.' Daily Mail on Next to Die

MY 5 STAR REVIEW

I received a copy of this book from the publishers/author via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

I spent the whole day reading this amazing book, I could not put it down, when I went to make a coffee, I still had it in my hand reading as the kettle boiled.  I can say without a doubt this is one amazing read.  I was captivated by it, glued to the page unwilling to put the kindle down at all.  I cannot remember the last time a book grabbed me so tight and wouldn't let me put it down.

How would you deal with knowing you saw your sister set off through a secluded area on her own, and then saw a man follow after her?  Well perhaps having a younger sister who bugged you might make you think nothing of it, especially as it's your 18th birthday and other things are on your mind.  Then the realisation that you saw your sister's killer follow her, how to you deal with that.  Joe one of the main characters had to deal with exactly that.  He lived with the knowledge that he could perhaps have stopped her murder if he had only walked home with her.

I could empathise with him, his heartfelt sorrow at his error, and his terror of telling his family what he seen.

Joe became a criminal defence lawyer and his brother Sam became a policeman, a Detective.  Both chose their careers because of what happened to their sisters.  Both hoping that somehow they will solve the mystery of their sisters death.

That is just a slight part of the drama that unfolds in this book, believe me, there is such an awesome plot that you are desperate to get to the next explosive part.

I am a lover of Crime Thrillers, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt this is probably one of the best I have read in many years.  I absolutely loved every page of the book.

AMAZON.CO.UK purchase link

No comments:

Post a Comment