Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Review: The Other Me

The Other Me The Other Me by Saskia Sarginson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This story is about Klaudia aka Eliza, and her uncle Ernst during a period spanning from WW2 to the present, it deals with past and present, discriminations, prejudices and lies. It definitely tugged at my heart strings, it was such a well written story, with a plot that is gripping. The author definitely has an amazing way of bringing her characters to life.

Ernst part of the story during WW2 is rather grim and harrowing, it tells of the horrors of wartime and is very traumatic at times. Another part the Author really gets through to the reader.

As a child Klaudia suffers bullying by her peers, her parents are much older than her contemporaries and as a child myself of older parents I could relate so much to Klaudia. There is a big difference with children when one has older parents to those who have young parents. My having older parents set me on the road to becoming a young parent, I did not want my kids being tormented like I had been although I was able to stand up for myself. This part of the book really struck a chord with me and the Author really wrote it with great skill.

Klaudia changed her name to Eliza and started a new life for herself and a new journey but living a lie cannot bring anything good! This is a must read.

I received a copy of this by the publishers via NetGalley in return for an honest opinion. This is my opinion!.

Amazon purchase link

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment