Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 August 2015

Review: Rawblood vy CATRIONA WARD

Rawblood Rawblood by Catriona Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Iris Villarca is 11 years old, she starts off by saying she will tell us how she killed her father!! It then jumps to her and her friend Tom who has nicknamed her Pest, because he thinks of her in that way, a little pest hanging around being where she should not be. Iris is not allowed friends, her father has warned her to keep away from people that the family is cursed, but to a young girl this seems too strange. The story then moves along at a steady pace and we come across all sorts of mysterious happenings. Like medical testing using animals going on, seems to be searching for a cure for the curse of the Villacaris family to which Iris belongs.

Very stimulating read, which has you wondering what is coming next, I got lost in a few places though when the story seemed to jump from the past to present without warning or my brain was just getting lost. I would love to read this again when the house is quiet and nobody likely to interrupt me because I feel that to truly follow the story you need total quiet and concentration.

Don't get me wrong it is a fantastic story, gritty, scary, and very informative. The author just flowed with creativity, and her descriptions of the eerie parts had your hair stood on end, you wonder if you will be able to get to sleep after reading it. The plot basically is based on the Villarca family, who are bound to an old rambling house out in the middle of nowhere, bound by a curse so her father tells Iris. Is he being honest is it a curse or is it much worse?

I had my fair share of hairs standing on end reading this, so be prepared for an exciting journey into the dark crevises of Rawblood.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment